You might be able to get help for energy-saving improvements to your home if you’re on certain benefits and own or privately rent your home.
You may get all or part of the cost of:
- insulation work, eg to your loft or cavity walls
- replacing or repairing your boiler – or other upgrades to your heating
HHCRO – Eligibility
You must own your property or rent it privately and have the owner’s permission to do the work.
You must also get one of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
- Working Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit (and you earned £1,250 or less after tax in any assessment period in the last 12 months)
HHCRO – Extra conditions
For certain benefits, one of the following must also apply:
- you get Child Tax Credit and your child’s disabled
- you get Disabled Child Premium
- you get Disability Premium
- you get Pensioner Premium
- you receive a work-related activity or support component – if you’re claiming income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- you’re 60 or over – if you’re claiming Working Tax Credit
- you get a limited capability for work or work-related activity element – if you’re claiming Universal Credit
- you get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment – if you’re claiming Universal Credit.
If you can prove your status meets the above criteria get in touch with us today by completing the form below. If you have any questions what so ever please call us we are always happy to help.
For more information about HHCRO visit the Energy Saving Trust